HomeSchool Association of California
Family Event Release, Waiver of Liability and Indemnity Agreement
You must read and agree to this Release of Liability Form before registering for the event. If this form is not completed, your registration will be canceled.
In consideration of being permitted to attend HomeSchool Association of California Events (“HSC Events”), and on behalf of myself and my minor children as well as any minor children attending with me and identified below (collectively “Participants”), I hereby:
1. Agree to indemnify and save and hold the HomeSchool Association of California, their directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents (collectively "HSC") harmless from any liability, loss, damage or cost that may occur or be incurred due to the Participants' participation in HSC Events;
2. Release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue HSC from all liability to Participants for any loss or damages, and any claim or demands on account of injury to or resulting in death of Participants, whether caused by the negligence of HSC or of any other person;
3. Assume full responsibility for and risk of bodily injury or death, whether due to the negligence of the HSC or otherwise. I expressly acknowledge and understand that accidents and injuries may occur while at HSC Events and expressly assume all of the risks due to the negligence of HSC and any others participating or contributing to HSC Events;
4. Expressly agree, permit and assume the risk of any medical treatment which may be rendered and agree to expressly release and indemnify HSC from any liability for providing, or failing to provide, any emergency medical treatment;
5. I understand that I am solely responsible for the welfare and safety of myself and my minor children or any minor children accompanying me to HSC Events, and I agree to supervise my minor children or any minor children accompanying me to HSC events, and that HSC shall have no obligation to supervise Participants or any other individuals attending HSC Events. I further understand that HSC will not provide insurance for Participants at HSC Events, and that Participants' personal insurance will apply;
6. I agree to help encourage a safe and respectful atmosphere at HSC Events by discussing with my family the responsibilities of being in a group that consists of a variety of ages -- young children, teens and adults. I agree to refrain from engaging in illegal activities of any kind, and I understand that I am solely responsible for the activities of myself and my minor children and any minor children accompanying me to HSC Events;
7. I understand that Participants often take photos during HSC Events and I agree that these photos may be used on HSC's website, on related websites, and in HSC publications. I further expressly agree that the foregoing release, waiver, and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by the law of the State of California, and that if any portion thereof is held invalid, it is agreed that the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect.
I have read, fully understood its content and voluntarily sign this release, waiver, and indemnity agreement. I further agree that no oral representations, statements, or inducement apart from the foregoing written agreement have been made.